OUR GROWING CITY IS AT A CROSSROADS. AND, WITH GROWTH COMES MANY CHALLENGES THAT CALL FOR STRONG, FOCUSED, AND PROACTIVE LEADERSHIP.
I was born in Myrtle Beach and raised by very hard working parents who taught me the values of a strong work ethic.
After graduating college I moved back home to work with my father in our family business. In order to prepare and train me for my future role in the company, I continued my education by completing the Anheuser-Busch Marketing Management Development program. This experience, along with my training in various departments of our company, gave me the skills needed to be strategic, proactive, and rational throughout my career.
My involvement with Better Brands, as well as being a small business owner, I understand the issues that local businesses face on a daily basis.
I am caring and empathetic and I value the importance of listening to the needs and concerns of others. I will always strive to do what is best for the citizens of Myrtle Beach and will do all I can to make our community stronger as mayor of Myrtle Beach.
My husband and best friend, Brown Bethune, and I are blessed with three beautiful daughters, two adorable grandsons and one amazing son-in-law. We treasure our time with them all as well as with our five dogs.
MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE I HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN OUR COMMUNITY WITH VARIOUS CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS AND SERVING ON BOARDS. I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN GIVING BACK TO THIS COMMUNITY THAT HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO ME.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Citizens Award from the Pee Dee Council of Boy Scouts of America
- Recipient of the Tip of the Sword award from Special Operations Wounded Warriors
- Completed 11 professional development courses with Anheuser-Busch
- Member, SC Beer Association
- Member, National Beer Wholesalers Association
- Served on Board of Coastal Education Foundation
- Served on Board of Coastal Carolina Bank
- Served on Board of Spadoni College of Education at CCU
- Served on Board of Visitors at Wall School of Business at CCU
- Recipient of award from Palmetto Leadership Council in recognition of contributions to SC
- Recipient of Champions for Children award from Horry Georgetown Early Care and Teacher Education
- Currently a volunteer with Marketlife Ministries
- Member, of Seacoast Vineyard Church
- Children’s Museum of SC
- Grand Strand Family YMCA
- Coastal Carolina University
- Horry Georgetown Technical College
- University of South Carolina
- Christian Academy
- Art Museum
- Long Bay Symphony
- Young Life Ministries
- Campus Outreach Ministries
- Boy Scouts of the Pee Dee
- 2 Live Beyond